The Snazzy Chronicles: Look #1

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Look #1

My friend Maggie was visiting from New York so I took her to this little hipster area near where I live. The restaurant we went to served pancakes with bacon in them. Pretty cool, huh? Too bad they ran out of bacon.

They also had this cool awesome mural on the window that I had to get a picture of. I love how the colors pop up and the aztec lookin' bird, which you can only see half of. 




Urban Outfitters satchel (similar here), Cotton On bow belt (similar here), Forever 21 faux leather jacket (similar here),
Gap colored jeans, Uniqlo plaid shirt, Urban Outfitters bowler hat, BCBG wedges via DSW. 

I've had these clothes for the longest time. That's why I only have similar here links or no links at all (couldn't find anything that was similar to them... or these items can be found easily elsewhere). Anyways…

The jeans are a bit baggy right at the knee and the upper thighs. Also they are a bit long near the ankles. If anything, I'm going to have to hem them eventually and even do a bit of sewing to make the jeans not look as baggy. 

I thought that if I tucked in the shirt, it wouldn't blouse out. It did just that though, and I couldn't minimize the extra material. I could have used a safety pin to scrunch up the material at the back and also tucked in the shirt, but I didn't come to my mind at the time. I don't even know if that would have worked. Anyways, the shirt can definitely use some tailoring… actually, my whole wardrobe could use some tailoring.

I need to become my own tailor.

Outfit picture number one for the month of January? Checked!

No comments:

Post a Comment